Welcome to O’Kiwi. This site is for you if
• your granny comes from County Cork
• potatoes taste better than pasta
• you enjoy a pint on Paddy’s Day
• there’s a leprechaun at the bottom of your garden, and
• your toe taps to a fiddle.
Your granny doesn’t really have to be from County Cork. It’s just that everyone who claims Irish heritage seems to say that. And a lot of Kiwis claim Irish ancestry – around 20 percent.
Although five of my great-grandparents were Irish, I never grew up thinking about leprechauns and shamrocks. Read the rest of this entry »